PROTOCOL AND HEALTH SAFETY GUIDELINES TO COVID-19
The current objective of the country is to reactivate the economy in the main sectors in a safe and effective way, and specifically our state Quintana Roo, which is the reason the following protocol for the prevention of any health issue is developed. When following it correctly, we will take care of our collaborators and clients.
These procedures were performed based on the operations and needs of EcoColors
It is recommended to follow these recommendations until the national, state, and/or local authorities allow the resumption of activities and dictate the rules about the correct behavior to follow.
You can watch our healthy measure while traveling with us:
This protocol should not be taken as definitive, periodic modifications will be made according to the process updates that the health authorities publish in the coming period.
SPECIFIC PREVENTION MEASURES
- Protective equipment for customers is delivered, 2 mouth covers per customer, a simple face shield, gloves, antibacterial gel.
- Explain to the client, in general, Eco Colors’ health protection and prevention measures.
- Send the information by mail, WhatsApp, or some other means that the client is provided with the health security information, tour details, links to fill out the exit surveys, sending photos, and all the minors of the tour. At the end of the tour, that means of contact between client and guide will be eliminated.
- The “GUEST ASSIST” program of the tourism secretary is made available to the client.
- Remind clients that they have to send their digital demarcation.
- The secretary of health must present and send operations to the self-declaration test for symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
- One of the main links in our production chain are the guides, they are in direct contact with the client, so we must have special measures from the first point of contact.
- The guide must be equipped with basic hygiene equipment so that he and the client are protected, the equipment will consist of:Medical grade masks.
Atomizer with alcohol and water or with Lysol.
Antibacterial gel with 70% alcohol.
Latex or nitrile gloves.
- The guide must explain the basic hygiene procedures that will be taken below, always highlighting that they are for the safety of the customer and EcoColors personnel and are mandatory in order to make use of the service. This must be explained when receiving the customers and before loading suitcases or people into the van.
- Antibacterial is placed directly into the client’s hands, immediately afterward gloves and mouth covers are delivered. Gloves should be used when they will have contact with objects (crafts, handles, chairs, benches, risky places)
- Demonstration of how to put on the mouthpiece and how to remove it.
- Demonstration of how gloves are put on and removed.
- Correct handling and disposal of gloves and covers mouths.
- All staff has IMSS social security if required.
- A QR code will be shared with staff where they can fill out a self-declaration questionnaire of symptoms of acute respiratory infections, this will be done during the journey to the workplace.
- The body temperature of the personnel is taken and recorded daily before the workday, and the employee arriving at the work center must write down his temperature on a special drive.
- Mechanisms will be in place to manage personnel permits or temporary withdrawals in a timely manner in the presence of any health risk factor. suspected and confirmed cases).
- To avoid the influx of office staff, you will only attend the office if necessary, the rest of the days you will continue working from home.
- The procedure for dealing with suspected or confirmed cases of clients and collaborators is attached.
- Sanitization is carried out daily, before and after each service to guarantee the safety and integrity of clients and collaborators.
- Our units will have banners and posters about hand washing, coughing, and sneezing, symptoms of Covid-19.
- Before boarding the unit, the temperature of the operator, clients, and collaborators who are taking the transport must be taken. The operator must send its temperature to the operations group.
- They will mark the seats where the client can sit to guarantee a distance of 1.5 meters.
- Passengers are invited to fill out their self-declaration of symptoms found in the QR provided by the guide or operator.
- In our trucks, there will be particle filters that constantly purify the air. They are cleaned every week to guarantee air quality.
- Just before boarding the unit, the operator provides employees with antibacterial gel with 70% alcohol.
- The antibacterial gel is available during the transfer at all times since each van will have the antibacterial gel with 70% alcohol and an atomizer with disinfectant.
- The physical greeting between users and the operating equipment of the units will be avoided.
- The units are confined spaces and sometimes used for longer distances, which is the reason why collaborators and clients are asked to use their own face masks. Or they will be provided with one for the duration of the transfer. Upon arrival at the destination, if a disposable facemask is used, it must be changed for a clean and new one.
- The consumption of food inside the units is prohibited.
Before the service:
- Clean frequently used spaces: steering wheel, gear lever, windows, armrests, door handles, floor, seats, with respect to seats (just spray it with water and alcohol or Lysol).
- Air conditioning, the vehicle air filter, does not necessarily prevent the entry of viruses, but it is essential for air quality. We must check that it is still usable.
During the service:
- The operator must help customers disinfect their belongings before loading them into the van of the unit.
- The operator must help the guide and the clients to sanitize themselves, and if any doubt arises to the clients on how to put on the mask or gloves.
After the service:
- Once the operator has returned from the service, perform a thorough cleaning. For this, you need a flannel or cleaning towel impregnated with alcohol or Lysol. It is recommended that these solutions contain a minimum of 70% alcohol. Wipe the towel on all surfaces, especially in areas that have been in contact with customers.
- Equipment is counted and provided to staff (nitrile gloves, surgical mask, apron mask or they will wear their own).
- The masks are constantly cleaned every 30 min maximum.
- Nitrile gloves are replaced, after a maximum of 1 hour for operators and cleaning personnel.
- In common areas, the use of surgical mouth covers is MANDATORY for staff.
- The surgical mouthpiece must be replaced between 3 to 6 hours.
- It is NOT ALLOWED to share personal protective equipment with others.
- Single-use (disposable) protective equipment is discarded daily in closed trash cans.
- There should be an antibacterial gel in the area of the checker clock and hands should be disinfected before and after touching it.
- For communication between staff, the telephone route is used.
- The weekly meetings should be only with the managers of each area, and they will transmit the information to their subordinates later, a summary will be sent via mail to all staff.
- All small equipment such as snorkel tube, snorkel visors, etc. will be disinfected and cleaned before and after service.
- After cleaning and disinfection, they must be placed in airtight packaging and covered with a security seal.
- Life jackets will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each service.
- To wash the tour equipment, you must immerse in soapy water for at least two minutes, but the equipment in and take it out, rinse it under running water.
- For disinfection, the equipment is immersed in chlorinated water, for every 5 cups of water, one cup of chlorine must be added.
- After cleaning, they will be collected in a large plastic bag and the security seal will be placed.
- All the equipment used in the tour will be washed, disinfected, and placed in an airtight bag for its next use, only the outside of the bag will be disinfected when sent on tour.
- All equipment baskets will consist of face masks, gloves, antibacterial gel, and extra disinfecting towels, in addition to those delivered to the unit or those provided by the guide.
- Personnel handling food or food utensils should wash their hands at least every 30 min.
- The cutlery for both tours and collaborators must be delivered in napkins that cover them completely.
- Serving utensils are not touched by the part that comes into contact with food.
- The snacks (peanuts and bars) must be sealed and complete for the client.
- The seasonal fruit for the tours must be in the shell (banana, orange, mango, etc.) washed and disinfected.
- When clients have finished eating, the utensils (cutlery and toppers) must be kept in an airtight bag until they reach the office.
- Clients will be asked for a self-assessment of symptoms one or two days before their arrival, they will be invited to reconsider their trip, travel, and not take the tour (if they sense symptoms).
- Before going up to the unit, the temperature will be taken for each client, any reading above 38 ° C should be considered as suspicious. In the case of positive reading, the reading should be repeated.
- If the verified reading on the client is positive, you should be asked not to board the van in conjunction with your group and invited to visit a doctor for review and care.
- The “GUEST ASSIST” program of the secretary of tourism is made available to the client.
- Eating is not allowed in the units.
- During the entire transfer, antibacterial gel, disinfecting towels and disposable tissues are available to the client.
- You will be invited to again fill out your self symptom assessment and note the temperature presented by the measurement thermometer.
- After the measurement, 70% antibacterial gel will be placed and disposable face masks will be delivered for the transfer.
- In our units, there are informative posters on established sanitary measures and hygiene procedures.
- The guide will remind you of the following sanitary measures orally:
-Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face with dirty hands.
-Use antibacterial gel.
-Maintain a distance of 1.5 meters.
-Respect the distance marks established at the different locations they will enter, such as in the units.
-Wear face masks.
-Avoid touching unnecessary surfaces.
-Report if you feel sick.
- All members of the same family will be able to stay together at our facilities during their experience.
- There will be marks on the floor to indicate safe distances of 1.5 meters
- Antibacterial gel, disinfecting towels, disposable tissues, and face masks are available for customers.
- In the marine, you will find infographics and posters with the recommended sanitary measures.
- In the case of souvenirs; customers are asked to only touch what they want to buy. There will be no returns.
- Visitors will be the ones to put their products, once they have been scanned and paid, in their bags, thereby avoiding contact by collaborators.